Tuesday, January 6, 2009

He is good!



耶和華是我的產業
是我杯中的分﹐
我所得的﹐你為我持守。
用繩量給我的地界﹐
坐落在佳美之處﹔
我的產業實在美好。
-詩篇16﹕5-6


Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup;
you have made my lot secure.
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
surely I have a delightful inheritance.
-Psalm 16:5-6


I love the chinese version of the first sentence, where in my translation it says , "Lord, you are my inheritance, and you are the portion in my cup."

At the last day of 2008, I've heard many testimonials saying that they are thankful because what God has blessed them with - health, financial, etc. And while listening, I'm envy of them because a lot of them have had blessings from the Lord. And then, the above bible verses came to me (in Chinese) that night, that moment. And, it kept repeating in my mind. It kinda make me think: what if God didn't heal them? what if God didn't give them what they wanted, would they still go up the stage and say 'thank you' to Him?

I'm thankful not because He has given me what I asked for, but He is my inheritance. And He is teaching me to surrender my own likes and wait for the best that He has for me.

I'm thankful because He loves me for who I am.

I'm thankful because He is Him.

May he be our own satisfaction....=)








2 comments:

  1. Count your blessings, name them one by one,
    And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.

    Have a blessed New Year :)

    ReplyDelete