Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Father's Heart

This was suppose to be a post back in few months ago...but I've been quite slack...so yup! Decided to sit down and write it before I go and see my little princesses =)

I was like ants on the hot pots(translate into Chinese is: 熱鍋上的螞蟻) back in a few months ago, after seeing some people that were so messed up...probably not that 'messed up', but to me, it's like aarrgh!! Really at that time I wanted to strangle them and open up their head and see what they were thinking......and at some point, I wanted to give up on everyone of them, like....really don't want to care about them anymore and just let them be....I even tell myself I don't feel like getting married and have kids anymore...even though I like children a lot....but teenagers are just a bunch of headaches!

And then, I thought of myself at that teenage period...I probably let my parents worried a lot too. Friendships, studies, communications between me and my Mum especially, it was so tensed...I was ok with my Dad though coz I know he's a calm person and I talked to him a lot.I don't know how did my parents handled me as I would have handled this bunch of youth kids...probably a lot of tears and prayers too.

Then, God spoke to me again during my sort of 'grumbling session' of how should I help them and etc...He said "Don't give up on them just like I never give up on you". And after a few weeks a pastor and his wife came over from Taiwan came over and talked to us who are in the ministry especially cellgoup leaders the same exact words, and I take that as a confirmation from the Lord that if He as a creator and saviour of us has never given up on us, we can't possibly give up on anyone. I wouldn't dare to think if He has given up on us, how our lives would be.

I love this scripture on how Prophet Isaiah did mentioned about youths:
Why do you say O Jacob,
and speak, O Israel,
"My way is hidden from the Lord,
and my right is disregarded by my God"?
Have you not known? Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He does not faint of grow weary;
his understanding is unsearchable.
He gives power to the faint,
and strengthens the powerless.
Even youths will faint and be weary,
and the young will fall exhausted;
but those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength,
they shall mount up with wings like eagles,
they shall run and not be weary,
they shall walk and not faint.

Juz a sharing...and a future reference for myself =)

1 comment: