Thursday, December 11, 2008

life is fragile

Yesterday, I went to visit a previous colleague whom her daughter died. I have never visited someone alone.....I mean, I used to go with my parents and friends and other adults when I was younger, but yesterday, was my first time to do this alone. I was worried of what words to say to her because her daughter is around my age etc etc...


So yup, prayed and prayed and prayed...bought a bouquet of flowers...and off I went.

When I arrived, we hugged for a long time. And then she sat me down in the lounge and briefly told me what happened and so on....I'm not a person with a lot of words..so yeah, just listened. And then, she told me that she has been quite stressed from her daughter's sickness and hence her body is all tensed up.....then I offered her a massage to soothe hers body, and yeah, lucky that she likes it. And it did help her a bit...I hoped that she did have a good sleep last night.

It just got to me that life is just fragile and tough. I mean, even with Jesus life is tough, what if life is without Him? I can't imagine...just like this friend's daughter who thought that there is no hope anymore to continue to live on.

No comments:

Post a Comment