Thursday, July 30, 2009

"Are you giving up on Me?"

Have been contemplating about writing this for a few days. So yeah, decided to write it out to be an encouragement for people who are starting to lose faith.

I have been praying for a matter for over a year, and I personally believe that He has given me a lot of evidences from the bible verses, sermons and through dreams by saying that He's going to make this matter possible. And yet, in reality, nothing has happened. I was a bit discouraged by that. I thought to myself, probably I have misunderstood God; probably, God meant something else; probably, it's just my feeling that this is going to happen bla bla bla

A few nights ago, I laid down on bed, praying as usual before bedtime, telling and asking God if I can give up, and I stated all the reasons thinking I have all the right reasons to give up. When I was praying (not praying in silent, I have voice coming out from my mouth), then a voice asked me in Mandarin (I was praying in Mandarin, by the way), "妳是在放棄我嗎(Are you giving up on ME)?" And I was like stunned, and shocked. I couldn't continue praying anymore because this question really strikes me!

That voice sounded that the Holy Spirit is hurt, upset, and discouraged. I thought my giving up is only on that matter, and that was my only intention: to not think about that matter, but then only the Holy Spirit searches for hearts, and He knows what I think. He knows that I don't mean surrender, I meant give up, as in totally I want to ignore that matter, and just let it be.

But when He asked that question, I realised that I cannot give up just like that, because there is a spiritual war that is being fought for in the spiritual realm whenever every Chritians prayed(Reference: Daniel 10:12-14). And I believed that when God asked me that question, He wanted me to know that He is in the progress of answering my prayer, but then when I told Him that I wanted to give up, He wouldn't be able to do anymore. That was why He sounded upset and hurt. After that, I made up to Him and told Him that I will continue to pray abt that matter until it is achieved. Even though sometimes I still have doubt, I prayed that He will take away all my doubts and that I can persist until that matter is achieved.

For my dear brothers and sisters out there, probably you are like me, prayed and thought that matter was unheard by God. But I just have to say, keep pressing in, persist, and proclaim that God's promises never fail!

After this incidence, I came up with a quote(remember to cite me ok ok? =P):

If you give up, you are actually giving up on God

3 comments:

  1. never give up!!!!!
    =D
    GO GO GO !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you give up, you are actually giving up on God- Rachel Teng

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous,I won't.....I'll keep praying!

    ReplyDelete