Saturday, July 18, 2009

"August Rush"

My lil sis, Ruth rented this dvd the other day! And I just love it to the core! Haha, men that play guitar just attracts me =P

I love some of the quotes from this movie:

Sometimes the world tries ot knock it out of you. But I believe in music the way that some people believe in fairy tales. I like to imagine that what I hear came from my mother and father. Maybe the notes I hear, are the same ones they heard, the night they met. Maybe that's how they found each other. Maybe that's how they'll find me. I believe that once upon a time, long ago, they heard the music and followed it.

Listen. Can you hear it? The music. I can hear it everywhere. In the wind... in the air... in the light. It's all around us. All you have to do is open yourself up. All you have to do... is listen.

You never quit on your music. No matter what happens. Cuz anytime something bad happens to you, that's the one place you can escape to and just let it go. I learned it the hard way. And anyway, look at me. Nothing bad's gonna happen. You gotta have a little faith.

What do you want to be in the world? I mean the whole world. What do you want to be? Close your eyes and think about that.

4 comments:

  1. What's it about? I never really heard much about this movie after it initially came out. Give us the full review! :)
    http://tearinguphouses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! Just go rent it! You won't regret!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is my favourite movie or 2008 :) i watched 5 times :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha...awesome!
    I wanted to rent it again! I only watch 1 time, n then my sis returned it to the video shop..

    ReplyDelete